Pages



Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lisa | After the Cancer Session


I was amazed at Lisa's ease in front of the camera! "All those episodes of America's Next Top Model are paying off," she teased.  But later she shared with me that throughout the session she was thinking of different parts of her journey with cancer.  As I looked through the photos later, it made complete sense.  I wish I could adequately describe the kind of inspiration Lisa has been to me and so many others.  She is a woman of such strong faith and yet she's incredibly transparent about her weaknesses.  She's truly one of the most real women I know.  I'd love to tell you her whole story, but instead, you should just read her writing here.  Lisa, I'm so thankful I was able to capture these images for you and I'm especially thankful to call you my friend.




1 comment :

  1. Misty, you are truly gifted! I am so thankful to you for capturing my "after the cancer" reflections. You are an artist and I am so glad you have stepped out and pursued this dream of yours. Thank you so much for all the kind words you used to describe me. And thank you for referring people to my blog. It has been quite neglected for a while, but some of them really reveal the emotions that cancer delivers. I hope some of your followers will take the time to sift through. There truly are blessings in suffering...and joy in the aftermath:] Thank you, again, for helping me celebrate and commemorate the journey <3

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016